111 - Everywhere, flowers!
How To Sugar Flowers
The magnificence of flowers is not limited to their fragrance and
visual beauty Edible blooms are an absolute delight to the palette
and they make a glorious addition to salads and desserts. Here Nik
shares the technique for making candied flowers - a stunning decoration
for his favourite cheesecake.
may vary according to your design and cake
- edible flowers of your choice (pansies, snap dragons, violets,
- cosmos, marigolds)
- egg whites
- very fine sugar
- artists paint brush - new!
- Whip egg whites until frothy but not stiff.
- Hold flower on back side at base of stem .
- Dip cleaned artists paint brush in egg white and gently brush
gently face of flower
- Dip flower face down into fine sugar
- Allow the flowers to dry, face up on a plate.
- Arrange simply by placing them on the cake where desired.
- Stand back and marvel!