102 - A Fine Romance
It's all in the presentation for this easy to make shrimp cocktail.
Instead of searching for cocktail glasses, how about using Martini
glasses instead? Very sharp!
- 10 - 12 jumbo tiger shrimp, poached and de-veined
- two tablespoons fresh grated horseradish root (prepared horseradish
- 1/2 cup crushed tomatoes (canned works well)
- pinch of salt, to taste
- fresh grated black peppercorns, to taste
- dash each of Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce, to taste
- juice of half a lemon
- two wedges, lemon
- couple of sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Poach shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes, or until they turn pink,
then douse them immediately into cold water to stop the cooking
- In a bowl combine horseradish root, tomatoes, salt, peppercorns,
Worcestershire and Tabasco sauce and lemon juice. Spoon into
ramekin or serving dish.
- Fill Martini glasses three-quarters full with crushed ice.
- Arrange shrimp, add lemon wedges and place sprig of rosemary.