424 - Rhyme Time
Savoir Faire Porridge
"Peas porridge hot, peas porridge cold, peas porridge in the pot, nine days old."
Okay kids, gather round, and grab a seat; Uncle Nik is going to share a recipe on how to make Homemade Porridge.
(*these are suggested ingredients, but feel free to use your kids' favourites!)
- 3 cups whole milk (you can also use skim or 2%)
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats
- 1 spoonful of chocolate chips
- 1 spoonful of butterscotch chips
- 2 spoonfuls of sundried cranberries
- 2 spoonfuls of dried apricots
- pecans, almonds or walnuts
- a bit of brown sugar
Place pot on stove, turned to high. Add milk. Bring to a boil.
Add oats. Stir. Turn down to simmer. Allow to cook for 5 minutes until it gets thick.
Turn off stove.
Ladle oatmeal into breakfast bowl.
Add remaining ingredients, or any combination thereof. Stir.
Sound delicious? Wait until you taste it. Ask your mom, dad, big brother, or big sister to make it, and get ready for your best breakfast ever!