203 - 50's Redux
The great thing about living in the present is that you can
go back to the past for ideas. Take this flower arrangement. It
could very well have come from a vintage magazine or book. Itís
just the right thing for a 50's table. Its easy to do and requires
very few flowers.
Place the floral oasis in the centre of the basket. Insert the greenery
first around the edges and then into the centre of the oasis. Next,
add pieces of babyís breath at random throughout the arrangement.
The crowning step, place the spider mums (or which ever flower you
choose) at random throughout the arrangement. Done! Colourful, gorgeous
- an old wire basket, preferably shallow, with open sides.
- One block of floral oasis, dampened
- one bunch of babyís breath
- one bunch of greenery (we used silal, readily available from
- several each blue and yellow spider mums (any bright, retro
flower will do)